Friday, January 11, 2013

Big Thompson River Gorge

I wasn't going to post anything, but I got some good pictures today..

We are helping Debbie's sister Diane and her family move to Colorado.  So, Debbie and I took a day to go to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.  RMNP was disappointing... but it was a pretty white....out.

But the weather before we got to Estes Park was gorgeous... in the Gorge.  Big Thompson River Gorge to be exact.



As we stopped to take this picture above, We saw big horn sheep....


Then in between Estes Park and the National Park we saw a Coyote and an Elk.

 We saw more Elk near the other entrance to the park.  But the one below had the best rack.
The snow in the park wasn't completely terrible, but it was getting heavy near Bear Lake.  So, we turned back and gave up on the park.

It wasn't that cold...... until the wind blew!


No comments:

Post a Comment